Heather Carver is a resident at Columbia Eco-Village in Portland, OR. After years of trying to figure out how to save the world, she is focusing on trying to live in a way that’s a smaller part of the problem.
Food For Thought & Conversation
- Are you aware of co-housing or communal living places in your community?
- Heather describes co-housing as having one’s own private residence with an emphasis on shared spaces, shared resources, knowing the neighbors and doing things together. Please share your own experiences in a similar living situation or share your thoughts about how that might work for you.
- Please share your knowledge and/or experiences with consensus decision making. Sociocracy is “collaborative governance”. Learn more about Sociocracy and discuss.
- What seemed to help in making Columbia Eco-Village happen was that it was “developer driven” and that helped not only in lower cost of renovation and building but also with obtaining loans. If you were interested in exploring co-housing with others, how would you get started?
- Invite friends, colleagues or community members to view this video with you and host a conversation.