Welcome to the CIA Conviviality Guide. The CIA videos offer hope for all humanity to have lives of dignity, comfort, safety and for this planet to thrive so future generations can enjoy it. This guide may be helpful to you in sharing the inspiring videos and conversations with your fellow collaborators.
The Latin roots for “conviviality” are “festival” and “community”. Most folks agree that getting together with people they like over good food and drink is fun to do. It is also true that such gatherings not only enhance connections among people, they foster new creative ways of thinking as well as sustain involvement in an activity. For these reasons, we suggest that a convivial atmosphere be enjoyed while watching the videos and having the conversations.
Each video page has suggested questions to spark connection and guide conversations. There are also suggested actions that an individual or group may take related to a video project.
Recipes may also be found here
Here are a few tips to make the gathering fun for all:
- Have food and drinks to help create a convivial atmosphere.
- Appreciate each other’s different perceptions and experiences.
- Allow others to have time to speak by staying aware of the time you take.
- Encourage those who do not speak up to do so by inviting them to say something.
- Build on others’ ideas and not simply expound on your own.
- ENJOY YOURSELF!
- Close with a Toast that celebrates your time together and the ideas and projects discussed.
Here is one from the Earth Charter:
“Let ours be a time remembered for the reverence for life; the firm resolve to achieve sustainability; the quickening of the struggle for justice and peace; and the joyful celebration of life.” (From the Earth Charter’s “The Way Forward”)
Below are links to examples of an invitation that you might want to use for your Cultural Innovations in Action gathering.
Click here to download the PDF